Life Member 1452
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Practices / Terms and Conditions
can I sell coins to PandaAmerica?
First we need a description of the coin(s) you want
to sell, such as:
Country of origin
Year and mint mark
Metal (gold, silver,
copper, etc.) If you don't know, we can find out by the
Denomination ($20, 50
Pesos, 100 Francs, etc.)
Fine, etc.). See grading terms.
We would need to see the coins to confirm the grades.
Type (Panda, Libertad,
Morgan, etc.) If you don't know, please describe it to us
call (800) 472 - 6327 or (310) 373 - 9647 or e-mail email@example.com
and include as much information as you can from the above
list. If we are interested in purchasing your coin(s),
send them to us via Registered Mail or bring them
to our office at 19675 Mariner Avenue, Torrance,
California 90503-1647 (we are open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00
pm Pacific Time).
What is a 1943 Steel Cent (white color) worth?
Due to the need for copper in the war effort, Lincoln Cents
were made from steel, coated with zinc only in 1943. Hundreds
of millions of these 1943 steel cents were made and are
worth less than 25 cents each today. However, about a dozen
copper 1943 cents were made by mistake, and these are worth
over $20,000 each. Some steel cents have been plated with
copper, so if you come across a "copper" looking
1943 cent how can you tell if it is real? Test with a magnet
- if it is steel it will stick to a magnet, if it is the
very valuable copper 1943 cent it won't be attracted to
a magnet. PandaAmerica would be very interested in purchasing
1943 copper cents, but we don't buy 1943 steel cents.
you clean dark or dirty coins?
Absolutely not, if you want to ever intend to sell them.
Cleaning coins will substantially reduce their value. Only
clean a coin if you want to use it as jewelry.
are your United States coins worth?
Lincoln Cents 1909-1958
all pennies with wheat-backs
are worth at least 2 cents each. Rare dates worth a lot
more are 1909-S, 1909-S VDB, 1914-D and 1931-S
Lincoln Cents 1959-2003
just worth face value
Dimes, Quarters and Half Dollars 1964 or earlier
Double face value or more
Dimes, Quarters and Half Dollars after 1964
just worth face value
Silver Dollars 1878-1935
worth $4 and up depending
on rarity and condition. Those coins issued from 1878-1893
with CC (mint mark for Carson City Mint) above letters DO
in DOLLAR on reverse are all worth a premium.
most worth just $1 each,
except for silver issues in government holders that are
If you have a quantity of United States coins to evaluate,
the best catalog is the Guide Book of United States Coins
by Yeoman that can be found at many public libraries.
are your Foreign coins worth?
If you have loose coins that were accumulated on trips,
they have very little value. We pay a dollar a pound. Silver
and gold coins must be individually evaluated.
is a two-headed coin worth?
Perhaps a dozen or so genuine 2-headed coins have been discovered;
they are worth over $10,000 each. However many 2-headed
coins have been produced outside of the U.S. Mint as magicians'
tokens, etc. - these are not worth more than the face value
of the coins.
is old United States paper money worth?
1862-1922 Large Size Banknotes
based on rarity and condition. We are interested in buying
1935-1953 Silver Certificates
10% over face or more, depending on condition
1928-1950 $5-$100 Notes
just worth face value
unless About Uncirculated or Crisp Uncirculated condition
1928-1934 $500, $1,000, $5,000 or $10,000 Notes
worth from 10% over face value to $50,000 depending on denomination
and grade. We are very interested in buying these.
is Confederate Money worth?
Genuine Confederate paper money, produced in the 1860s is
worth $5-$100 depending on rarity and quality. We are interested
in purchasing these. BUT, there are many modern copies of
these notes that are worthless. So we would have to authenticate
is Foreign paper money worth?
Foreign paper money that is left over from a trip generally
has no collector value. If they are relatively new, they
can usually be redeemed at a company advertised in the Yellow
Pages under Foreign Exchange. If they are pre 1940 please
contact us for more information.
are medals worth?
Coins can only be issued by governments, and must have a
face value indicated, such as ONE CENT, ONE DIME, HALF DOLLAR,
ONE DOLLAR, etc. If you have something that looks like a
coin, but doesn't indicate a face value, then it is a medal.
Generally speaking, bronze medals are worth less than $1
and silver medals are worth a few dollars each or more depending
on the weight and purity.
do you charge for shipping?
We normally ship via insured or registered mail. Charges
are based on the total value of your order, as follows for
shipment within the United States:
I have to pay sales tax?
California residents must pay 9% sales tax, but there
is no sales tax on coin orders of $1,500 or more (non-coin
items will be taxed). There is no sales tax for orders shipped
outside of California.
payment methods do you accept?
For orders within the United States we accept VISA, , and
American Express, as well as checks or money orders and
you accept overseas orders?
YES. For orders outside the United States, our preferred
payment methods are Bank Wires or International money orders.
Credit Card payments depend on our ability to verify the
name on the credit card with the credit card number and
billing address in the country of origin. In order to process
your international credit card orders, you must send us
a recent copy of the credit card statement. It must clearly
show your account number and address (you can block out
other personal information if you wish). You can email the
statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax it to 1 (310) 378 – 6024.
- What are your cancellation policies?
Orders for Numismatic items may be cancelled within 24 hours without penalty; orders cancelled after 24 hours are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Orders cancelled for Bullion related coins are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Bullion related coins have selling prices at the time of purchase between 0-15% over the metal value of the coins.
are your return policies?
Numismatic items may be returned within 7 days of receipt
for replacement or refund; items must be in the same condition
as sent including original packaging. All certified coins
are subject to a 15% restocking fee unless prior arrangement
was made. Bullion related coins may be returned within 5
days only if not as described; otherwise we will repurchase
at the then bullion market price. Bullion related means
the selling price of the coin(s) at the time were between
0-15% over the metal value of the coin.
All of your information is treated as confidential, and
won't be shared with any other company or individual. Click
- What are the specific Terms and Conditions of my purchase?
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This sale is final and binding.
- Payment in full must be received by us on or before the value date or we may at our option cancel this sale with full reservation of our rights.
- Title to all merchandise will pass only after it has been paid for in full and after the funds have cleared through normal banking channels.
- All items covered by this sale are guaranteed to be genuine and as described.
- All complaints or claims for adjustments must be made in writing within five (5) business days after receipt of the goods. All coins that are returned must be in their original envelopes or holders and accompanied by the original sales invoice.
- In addition to the prices specified on the front hereof, you shall be liable for and pay all applicable sales taxes arising out of or in connection with this sale, as well as all postage or other delivery charges for material which is mailed or otherwise delivered, including all charges for registered and insured mail.
- If payment in full is not received by us on or before the Value Date, you shall pay us, in addition to the unpaid balance due us, a charge thereon at a rate per annum of 3% in excess of the prime lending rate, as the same may fluctuate from time to time, of Bank of America compound from the Value Date to the date payment in full is received by us (maximum 5 months).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF INSTALLMENT SALES
- Each right granted to us hereunder or allowed us by law shall be cumulative. No failure on our part to exercise and no delay on our part in exercising any right shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Any delays in or failure of performance by us shall not constitute a default or give rise to any claims for damages if caused by acts of God, your acts, rules or regulations of government authorities, difficulty or delays in postal or other delivery services, or by any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, whether similar or dissimilar to those specified above.
- In no event shall we be liable for incidental consequential or special damages arising out of or relating to this transaction. In no event shall our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to this transaction exceed the aggregate purchase price hereunder.
- We reserve the right prior to performance by us hereunder to request and receive from you satisfactory security for performance of your obligations hereunder. Your failure to perform any other contract to which you and we parties shall constitute grounds on our part for canceling this contract, with full reservation of our rights and (without limiting the generality of the rights reserved in the first sentence of this paragraph) for demanding and receiving from you satisfactory security for performance of your obligations hereunder.
- The terms and conditions set forth herein contain the full and entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior discussions, proposals, quotations and negotiations with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall not be modified or amended except by an instrument in writing signed by us.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- All merchandise sold by Panda America is warranted to be genuine and as described. Acceptance by Panda America of your order’ creates a binding contract between you and Panda America subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Title to all merchandise will pass only after it has been paid for in full and, if paid by check, only after all checks have cleared through normal banking channels.
- In addition to the price(s) specified on the reverse side of this sales invoice you agree to pay to Panda America all applicable sales tax and handling charges specified thereon.
- Each installment sale is subject to a nonrefundable cancellation charge of 15%, payable in advance as the minimum down payment required. Deposits must be made by personal or company check, cash, bank cashier’s check, money order or in a form acceptable to Panda America.
- All returns, complaints or claims for adjustments must be made to Panda America in writing or over the telephone within 10 business days after your receipt of merchandise. Orders for Numismatic items may be cancelled within 24 hours without penalty; orders cancelled & returned after shipping are subject to a 15% restocking fee & items must be in the same condition as sent including original packaging. All bullion purchases are subject to Panda America's Market Loss Policy. Once an order has been placed for any order of bullion, that order is locked in and are no longer subject to our normal cancellation and return policies. In the case the customer wants to cancel or return any bullion product after a depreciation in metal value, the customer has the option of paying the price difference to offset the market loss plus up to an additional 15% cancellation and restocking fee.
- All returns, complaints or claims for adjustments must be made to Panda America in writing within 5 business days after your receipt of merchandise.
- All delays in or failure of performance by Panda America shall not constitute a default or give rise to any claims for damages against Panda America if same are caused by acts of God, your acts, laws, rules or regulations of federal or state governmental authorities, difficulty or delays in postal or other delivery services or any other circumstances beyond Panda America’s reasonable control.
- In no event shall Panda America be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or relating to this transaction. In no event shall Panda America’s aggregate liability arising out of or relating to this transaction exceed the aggregate purchase price of the merchandise.
- Each right granted to Panda America hereunder or allowed by law shall be cumulative. No failure on Panda America’s part to exercise and no delay by Panda America in exercising any right shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- The original product advertisement and the terms and conditions set forth herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Panda America and supersede all prior discussions, proposals, quotations and negotiations with respect to the subject matter hereof. This agreement may not be modified or amended except by an instrument in writing signed by Panda America.
- This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.