China 2008 Beijing Olympics Series III Coins
Series III Gold coins are 1/3-ounce each and have the following designs:
The main design of the first gold coin from Series III is Chinese ancient wrestling, which derives from the Dunhuang mural of "Prince Sumo Wrestling" found in northwest China's Gansu Province. The mural was crafted over 1,500 years ago. The design depicts a vivid scene of two wrestlers fighting forcefully with each other, interlocked in a state of stalemate. The lower left part of the coin features the pictogram of wrestling designed specifically for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad.
The main design of the second gold coin from Series III is Chinese ancient cuju, which was an ancient Chinese soccer game. It derives from a painting of "Cuju" during the Yuan Dynasty over 800 years ago. The main figure has complete control of the ball, and is totally engaged in the game. His dress clearly indicates his high social status. In the upper right corner of the coin there is a pictogram for soccer designed specifically for the games of the XXIX Olympiad.
There are four (4) Series III Silver coins that are 1-ounce each, with all four coins having colored images that are divided on the coins obverse by the design of traditional Chinese window lattice. They have the following designs:
1.) Beijing Opera - A cultural treasure in China, the Beijing Opera is performed through operatic singing, acting, speech and movement. The right side of the coin features a colored mask that is prevalent in Beijing Opera.
2.) Chinese Yangge Dance - Very popular in the north of China, Chinese Yangee Dance is a form of folk dance of the Han Nationality in China. Dancers usually hold handkerchiefs and silk fans in their hands while dancing. The coin features dancers with vivid expressions and features a colored design from Chinese folk art on the right side of the coin - Paper-cut.
3.) Lion Dance - Popular throughout China, Lion Dance requires a high degree of skill. During the dance the lions portray power through a variety of movements such as jumping, tumbling, climbing, and standing. The colored design on the right side of the coin comes from Chinese folk art - folk shadowgraph.
4.) Beijing Tea Stall - This coin features the traditional scene in local teahouse in Beijing. Featuring a design of tea drinking, eating, and cross talking, Beijing Tea Stall has been a place of popular entertainment for citizens of old Beijing. The right side of the coin features a colored design with the Spring Festival picture.
In addition to the coins of the complete Olympic set, we also have images of the brand new 1-kilogram silver proof coin and 5-ounce gold proof coin issued exclusively with Series III. They have the following designs:
The 1-kilogram silver proof coin features Chinese Folk Sports (Tug-Of-War in the foreground and Tai chi in the background).
The 5-ounce gold proof coin features modern sports.
Both coins have a reverse featuring the official Beijing 2008 Olympic logo with two dragons intertwined.
-- Click here for more Beijing 2008 Olympic Coins --
AND CONDITIONS FOR THE BEIJING 2008 OLYMPIC
GOLD & SILVER COIN SETS
For the first time in history China will host the Beijing 2008 Olympics. This rare event makes the complete Three Series Collection of these coins a rare, treasured item for generations to come. The limited mintage and high demand may result in a complete sell-out. For this reason we must insist that you adhere to the following conditions.
- We will only accept U.S. domestic orders, meaning all fifty states, the District of Colombia, all territories and possesions except Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam and the Virgin Islands.
- At this time we will only be offering sales of the complete three-series collection as a group to customers. At this time we are not expecting to have the supply necessary to offer each series individually.
- FOR THE COMPLETE GOLD AND SILVER 18-COIN COLLECTION:The total price of $7,500.00 includes shipping and handling.Your initial payment of $6,250.00 will constitute the full purchase price of Series I & Series II of the collection, S&H and a nonrefundable deposit for Series III equal to $1,250.00.This guarantees that you will receive the complete collection. If at any time you elect not to recieve Series III and complete your purchase of the complete collection, you will forfeit your entire deposit for Series III equal to $1,250.00.The balance of $1,250.00 will be charged upon shipment of Series III.
- FOR THE COMPLETE SILVER 12-COIN COLLECTION:The total price of $1,500.00 includes shipping and handling.Your initial payment of $1,250.00 will constitute the full purchase price of Series I & Series II of the collection, S&H and a nonrefundable deposit for Series III equal to $250.00.This guarantees that you will receive the complete collection. If at any time you elect not to recieve Series III and complete your purchase of the complete collection, you will forfeit your entire deposit for Series III equal to $250.00.The balance of $250.00 will be charged upon shipment of Series III.
CLICK HERE FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PANDA AMERICA SALES
All merchandise sold by Panda America is warranted to be genuine and as described.
Acceptance by Panda America of your order creates a binding contract between you and Panda America, subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Each sale is final and binding.
- At the time of your order, we will provide you will our expected date of receipt of your coins at which time they will be shipped to you. That date is known as the Value Date.
- Title to all merchandise will pass only after it has been paid for in full and after the funds have cleared through normal banking channels.
- Each installment sale is subject to a nonrefundable cancellation charge matching the deposit, payable in advance as the minimum down payment required. Deposits must be made by personal or company check, cash, bank cashier’s check, money order, credit card or in a form acceptable to Panda America.
- If you fail to make any payment when same is due to Panda America, the entire unpaid balance shall, at Panda America’s election, become immediately due. Unpaid balances shall accrue interest at the prime commercial lending rate of Bank of America plus 3% in excess of the prime commercial lending rate, accrued daily, adjusted as and when such rate changes, until payment in full is received by Panda America.
- All complaints or claims for adjustments must be made in writing within fifteen (15) days after receipt of the goods. Any coins that may be deemed to be returned must be in their original condition and/or holders, with their certificates intact, and accompanied by the original sales invoice.
- In addition to the prices specified on the front hereof, you shall be liable for and pay all sales taxes arising out of or in connection with this sale, as well as all postage or other delivery charges for material which is mailed or otherwise delivered, including all charges for registered and insured mail.
- Your deposit is non-refundable. If payment in full is not received by us on or before the Value Date, or you cancel your order, you will forfeit your entire deposit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each right granted to us hereunder or allowed us by law shall be cumulative. No failure on our part to exercise and no delay on our part in exercising any right shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Any delays in or failure of performance by us shall not constitute a default or give rise to any claims for damages if caused by acts of God, your acts, rules or regulations of government authorities, difficulty or delays in postal or other delivery services, or by any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, whether similar or dissimilar to those specified above.
- In no event shall we be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or relating to this transaction. In no event shall our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to this transaction exceed the aggregate purchase price hereunder.
- We reserve the right prior to performance by us hereunder, to request and receive from you satisfactory security for performance of you obligations hereunder. Your failure to perform any other contract to which you and we are parties shall constitute grounds on our part for canceling this contract, with full reservation of our rights, and without limiting the generality of the right reserved in the first sentence of this paragraph, for demanding and receiving from you satisfactory security for performance of your obligations hereunder.
- The original product advertisement and the terms and conditions set forth herein contain the full and entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior discussions, proposals, quotations and negotiations with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall not be modified or amended except by an instrument in writing signed by us. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California.
ADDING THIS ITEM TO YOUR SHOPPING CART, YOU
AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
3460 Torrance Blvd. Suite 100 · Torrance, CA 90503
800-4-PANDAS (800-472-6327) · 310-373-9647
info@PandaAmerica.com · www.PandaAmerica.com